Welcome to Hideout.tv! We are excited to have you on board as a Hideout.tv creator!
Getting your videos in front of Hideout.tv viewers is easy, and requires only a few quick steps.
Here's How to Get Started:
- Log into Hideout.tv using the account information that you used to join Hideout.tv
- Click on the person icon on the right side of the page, and go to the My Channel page, located in the Upload area on the creator navigation menu (shown below):
On the My Channel page, you can customize your channel by adding a channel name, cover image, links to anything that you would like to promote, and by adding descriptive info about your channel.
- After you are finished customizing your channel, head over to the "Upload Videos" page by clicking on the menu link on the left side of your screen, or by clicking the link on the creator navigation menu. On this page, you can upload videos, add descriptions, and then add any relevant tags for your videos (to help viewers find your videos).
We recommend that you upload at least 7-10 videos to start, to give your viewers a chance to learn more about your content and increase the likelihood that they will subscribe to your channel. We require that your videos be between 30 seconds to 30 minutes in length. If you'd like to get maximum views, we recommend that you keep your videos around ten minutes long, as that is the expected standard for our platform (and what our viewers are used to). Please note that we accept all major types of video files and that we have a file size limit of 5GB per file. Not all video uploads are accepted into the Hideout.tv platform, as we strive to give our viewers only higher-quality content. Therefore, we recommend that you try to make your content as engaging as possible, using the highest quality video techniques available to you. Lastly, you ARE allowed to upload videos from your accounts on other platforms, such as YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo to Hideout.tv. If you have any questions about what type of content is allowed (or preferred), your Hideot.tv account manager will be happy to assist you!
Please keep in mind that we don't allow usage of copyrighted content, or allow videos that contain graphic violence, nudity, sexual content, or cursing at Hideout.tv (please bleep if you must curse). For more information on allowed content types, please visit: https://hideout.tv/tos.php.
- After you have submitted your video uploads for approval, please let your Hideout.tv account manager know. He or she will then review each upload, and either approve for launch, or provide information on edits that are required to meet Hideout.tv viewer quality standards. Please note that video upload review can take up to 48 hours.
All approved video uploads can be found on the My Videos page (located in the creator navigation menu, or left-side page link--if you are already inside a page within the creator navigation menu).
If edits are required for approval on any of your video uploads (or if any of your video uploads have not been reviewed yet), you will be able to find those video uploads at the Pending Videos page (located in the creator navigation menu, or left-side page link--if you are already inside a page within the creator navigation menu).
- If you are eligible to receive payment based on views of your video uploads, please add your PayPal address to your account on the Account Info page. Currently, we pay creators only through PayPal. Note that there is a $50 earnings minimum that needs to be reached before payment is sent, and that certain payment methods may include fees.
We're here to help! If you have any questions about any of the info listed above, feel free to contact your Hideout.tv account manager, or submit a support ticket by clicking on the Submit a request link (located on the top-right corner of this page).