When viewers land on Hideout.tv, they are presented with a grand variety of awesome creator channels to choose from. However, to make discovering their favorite new creators even easier, we launched Hideout.tv Compilation channels. These channels have all of the same features as our individual creator channels, except for one key distinction: Hideout.tv Compilation channels feature videos from multiple creators---based on a single interest category. For example, on the Hideout.tv Food channel, you'll find videos from our different food-based creators. Or, if you head to the Hideout.tv Gaming channel, you'll see game reviews, game platform news, and other gaming-related videos. Currently, we have 13 Hideout.tv Compilation channels:
- Best Life
- Movie Buzz
- Staff Faves
- Tech Talk
- TV Party
- Viral Videos.
The Benefits of Having Your Videos Featured on a Hideout.tv Compilation Channel:
- Free Traffic to Your Videos: Compilation channels allow viewers to see videos from multiple creators based upon a central subject of interest, allowing for a great first viewing experience. Thus, to introduce new viewers to Hideout.tv, we actively drive traffic to our compilation channels. This traffic creates a steady stream of views for all videos on compilation channels.
- More Views for Your Videos: As mentioned above, due to our active traffic generation, videos featured on compilation channels get an average of 4X-10X more views than videos posted on individual creator channels.
- Reach New Viewers Who Share Your Interests: Compilation channels are a great vehicle to increase your channel discoverability, as viewers can get introduced to your videos based upon common interests.
How to Get Your Videos Featured on Hideout.tv Compilation Channels:
Videos are added to compilation channels based upon the discretion of the Hideout.tv Content Review Team. Thus, not every video uploaded will be featured on a compilation channel. However, here are a few easy ways to increase the chances of your videos getting featured on a compilation channel:
- Shoot for Entertaining Content: Videos that are funny, interesting, thought-provoking, or otherwise engaging, will have a better chance of getting featured on compilation channels.
- Share Your Exclusive Content: Though not a mandatory requirement, videos that can't be found anywhere else are always popular with viewers.
- Create Optimal Length Videos: Viewers prefer videos averaging around two to three minutes in length, thus videos of these lengths make up the majority of our compilation channels. Videos over six minutes in length typically won't be featured on our compilation channels as well.
- Share Newer Content: Videos that feature subjects or topics that occurred over one year ago, tend to turn off viewers, and tend to not get featured on our compilation channels.
- Aim for a Broader Audience: Videos that contain more than one compilation channel-based subject matter will have a better chance of getting featured. For example, a video that contains a comedian giving travel tips may get featured on either the Laughs channel, or the Adventure channel, while a video of a comedian only may just be featured on the Laughs channel.
- Production Matters: Videos that feature more than simple screen recordings drive more value to our viewers. Thus, you'll increase your chances of getting featured if you ramp up production with items like a host, in-video graphics, and quality editing.
- Follow Our Content Guidelines: This guide contains additional information on the types of content that our viewers are looking for.
Questions on Hideout.tv Compilation Channels?
We'd love to help! Please reach out to your account manager, and he or she will get back to you ASAP.